We are seeking an experienced part-time, on-site bookkeeper to record all financial transactions, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. You will post information to accounting journals/software and reconcile accounts to ensure their accuracy, as well as handle day-to-day transactions such as vendor invoicing and payments, employee reimbursement, petty cash and chargebacks.
There are significant growth opportunities that may lead to full time employment and additional responsibilities. Additional responsibilities which may become available in the future include payroll, financial document management, business compliance, financial analysis, insurance management, management accounting and 401k administration. It is also possible that this may lead to a full-time Financial Controller position.
- Handling of day-to-day financial needs, including reconciliation of invoices and payments, sales entries, vendor payments, and Quickbooks entry/administration
- Preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports for key stakeholders, providing analysis and useful summaries of key information
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws relating to financial transactions, as well as adherence to GAAP
- Maintains and records cash receipts by filing documents and processing bank deposits
- Assisting with budget preparations
- Complete tax forms
- Delivery of timely, concise reports on product performance post-release
- Scanning and entry of documents pertaining to above.
Hours & Days
This position is a part-time, 3 days a week position - 8:00am to 4:30pm with a 30 minute lunch break. All work is on-site at our location in North Phoenix.
Our preferred working schedule would be Monday-Wednesday-Friday, but this is negotiable based on availability.
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.
- Minimum of 2 years’ proven bookkeeping experience required
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Strong working experience with Quickbooks and Excel, as well as the broader Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Proficient in English, both verbal and written
- Proficient with the use of email, experience with Gmail / G-Suite a plus
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration preferred but not required
- Must pass background check
For full-time candidates, we offer full healthcare coverage including dental and vision, a company 401k program, paid sick time and generous vacation time.
For both part-time and full-time candidates, we offer relocation assistance for out-of-state candidates (we are based in Phoenix, AZ), and a break room stocked with food and drink for all employees. We also offer an employee discount of 30% off retail prices, together with quarterly store credit and bonuses.
Compensation is negotiable based on experience and level of education, and is competitive for the greater Phoenix area.
Generous quarterly performance-related bonuses are available. Traditionally, an end of the year bonus is also made available for all staff who meet the requirements.